Your skin demands special attention and treatment simply because it is the most outer part of the body that is constantly exposed to dirt, polluted air, direct sunlight, and many other natural elements causing bad effects. One of the most common problems is dark spots, which is not actually dangerous condition, but quite irritating and embarrassing in some cases.
Here are some tips to get rid of those dark spots naturally.
1. Lemon juice treatment
Citrus fruits including lemons and oranges are good sources of vitamin C. To use lemon for dark spot treatments follows these procedures:
- Slice the lemon with a kitchen knife in half. Squeeze the juice from each slice through cheesecloth into a container.
- Take a few drops of the juice by dipping a cotton swap. Apply the cotton to the area where dark spots are visible on your face.
- Let the juice sit for some minutes to dry on your face before you wash it with cool water.
2. Try a papaya
An enzyme called papain can be found in papaya. This enzyme has the ability to exfoliate the skin and stimulate the formation of new skin cells. Besides papain, the fruit also contains Vitamin E and C to help to reduce dark spots. To perform papaya treatment, follow these procedures:
- You have to peel the papaya and remove its many seeds.
- Slice the fruits into many parts, and apply one of the slices directly to the dark spots on your face. For best results, you may need to hold the slice for up to 30 minutes. Repeat the treatment twice a day, but use new slice each time.
- Another possible method is to cut the fruits into many small parts and blend them in a food processor until you get pasta with smooth texture. Simply apply the paste to your face and leave it there for 30 minutes before you rinse it.
3. Apply a red onion
Red onion is another good option especially when you have no lemon available. It has acidic properties to lighten dark spots on your face. To do the treatment, peel and cut a red onion into small chunks and blend it in food processor. Dip a cotton ball into the juice and apply it to the dark spots. Let it do its job for about 15 minutes before you wash your face.
4. Try turmeric
Turmeric’s function is similar to that of red onion. It is effective not only to lighten dark spots, but also remove age spots and sun spots. To get the good benefits please make a thick paste consisting of three ingredients including turmeric, lemon juice, and milk. The next step is to apply the paste to your skin and leave it for some minutes. Wash your face with warm water.
5. Apply aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is popular for its healing ability and health benefits for hair and skin. To use the fruit to treat dark spots, make an Aloe Vera juice and apply it to the dark spots. It is also possible to use the gel. Massage the gel or juice to your face for some minutes. Repeat the process twice a day, and you will see good results within few weeks.